Affiliate links may be present. If you make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you, Thank you for your support!
This new job.. has just knocked me out.. trying to learn something so foreign is rough! But I am excited to say I have a wonderful lady taking over my blog today! Everyone meet Dorothy! She blogs over at The Creative Recycler
Here is a little about this gorgeous lady:
Dorothy lives with her husband and three children in Northern Virginia. She blogs about baby steps to being green, upcycled DIYs, leftover and gluten free recipes, and her life as a mom at TheCreativeRecycler.com.
Spring is in the air after what was a crazy-long winter for most of the United States. The snow is melting as temperatures ,where I am in Virginia, have been consistently reaching the low to mid 50s for a week. It was warm enough that I pulled the grill out of the shed, dusted it off, and grilled some delicious barbeque chicken leg quarters. It was so, so good! To go along with our chicken, I made one of my husband’s favorite side dishes: Southwest Black Bean and Corn Salad. It pairs so well with good barbecue and is, hands down, one of the easiest recipes I make.
- 1 can Rotel, do not drain
- 1 can petit diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp powdered garlic
1. Mix Rotel (with liquid), drained diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed black beans, drained and rinsed corn, olive oil, cumin, and garlic in a large bowl.
2. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.