Affiliate links may be present. If you make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you, Thank you for your support!
1. The Vest – That vest that stinks no matter how much febreeze you spray on it, or whatever you do. It takes up too much room in your closet, but when he’s working and wearing the vest, you wish it was back in its spot. The sound of them taking it off, and that velcro is the best sound that anyone can hear. It means that they are home safe.
2. You can never Schedule more than a week out in life – Planning holiday’s or really anything for that matter is never easy. You think they are getting off at a certain time, and its three hours later, and then they are exhausted when they get off. Their schedules are so difficult! But, you learn to work with it. You learn to hate to so much that you love it.
3. Working late nights and longs shifts – Hence the above statement, (you can’t schedule anything), but they put in so many hours. As soon as their shift is over, you wait by the phone. If minutes past and they don’t call you worry & call them praying that they are just stuck late with paperwork. You get happy when they get that single second to send you a text to tell you they love you. Any communication while they are on duty is rare but so amazing.
4. Being so proud when you see them in uniform Weather they have been in uniform once or ten thousand times. Nothing changes, you are so proud and want to show them off to the world. I love when I am able to see my officer in uniform. It makes me the proudest wife.
5. The amount of white tee’s or undershirts that you have to wash The amount of white tee’s I have to wash is crazy! And washing the uniform, switching over the uniforms, all the buttons, everything! It takes time, and I feel like we are switching uniforms over all the time. But, then once again I would not trade it for anything!
6. Finding bullets in the washing machine I thought this was something wives just said, but no.. it happens. I was shocked when I was changing the laundry and there was a bullet in our washing machine. I thought yep, its official, I live with a police officer.
7. LOVING YOUR HERO Loving your police officer is the greatest thing in life. They go to work every day, putting their life on the line. But you support them, you support the hard lifestyle that you both agreed to. You love it & wouldn’t change it for the world.